Sunday, June 10, 2007

Milano

Woke up at 7 and had continental breakfast and my fancy hotel :) This was the most I spent the whole trip as far as hotels. I met some lady on the bus back to the train station who was speaking italian to me and i seemed to manage. It was funny! Anyway, I got on the 8:18 train and arrived in Milan at 10 am. Went straight to my hotel which was right near the station (finally!). He wouldn't check me in, but I stored my luggage there. I took a map and left. I went straight into town and started to shop! I started with the expensive street incase I blew my wad early! Well i didn't blow any wad! At 1ish I went to see the last supper. it was pretty cool. I was so lucky because I made a reservation and they were booked til July! It was really neat. Then I went to Chocolat for Gelato. This was my second favorite place. I had White Chocolate, some kind of nutella and then a creme caramel with chunks of caramel. Very smooth. Then I went to the middle of nowhere china town to the Harley Davidson store for my daddy! I got there and there were so many shirts I was overwhelmed! I got one though :) I left there and tried to go on a mad shopping spree. In between I went to La Scala Opera House and their museum. That's when I decided to go the Opera and skip dinner :) I finished my shopping (and I bought myself one present--a furla wallet--not as expensive as you think!) and went back to La Scala at 5:30 to wait in line. I met Nicholas and Kaitlin from LA. They were nice company as we waited for our 12 Euro tickets to the Opera!!!! At 6:20 I went to the Hotel to check in and then left to go back to the Opera. I had time for a small dinner...and I'm embarassed to say where I ate. I'll leave it to your imagination :) At 8 pm I saw the Opera. The first 2 acts I was in the LAST row and i couldn't see a thing unless i stood up and leaned over A LOT so i basically listened and watched my screen in front of me which had english translations! Then the last 2 acts I sat in the row in front which was the front row technically of the top balcony so I could see more. However by this time i was exhausted so I was dosing off a bit. Anyway, main plot- Married Woman, husband got send off to work and she made an oath that she wouldn't cheat on him. She found a lover. Her husband's father found out. She poisioned him. Husband came home. Woman and Lover choked him. Lover and Woman got married. They got caught. Lover ran away with another woman. Then they both drowned. Depressing huh? Great singing though! Over at 11:20! Went to be at 12:30.

No comments: