Friday, June 15, 2007

June 14, 2007

I could not sleep today and I had a late class, so i went with it. I needed groceries anyway. So first I went to my market and got a few things. Then I walked over to monoprix but they were closed for inventory! So annoying! So i just went to a regular grocery store which doesn't have everything i want, nor is it good! Then i came home and did a whole bunch of nothing but quickly left and ran a ton of errands. At 11:30 I got to school and saw katie there so I sat with her for a while as she drank some coffee. Then at 12:30 we had a PP. We made the baba rhum. It was rather easy. Plus we got to work together for one part. It was very laid back as well. As we neared the end I did a simple decoration. This was the only think chef said was wrong about my cake. He said there weren't enough raspberries on it. However, I am a firm believer if we aren't making a raspberry cake, why put them on there? But we had to, so I put a small amount. Anyway, I thought my piping was good as well.

At 3:30 we had a CD. We learned foie gras flan with morel mushrooms, hake wrapped in bacon with aubergines, and bananas baked in their own skin with banana sorbet (OUTSTANDING!). I loved the foie gras flan! After class, Kaili, Trephene and I met up with Lauren at PDG, which is supposed to be the best burger joint in Paris! The book didn't lie! We had some damn good burgers. Kaili and I got two and split them :) Then two singers came and played beatles tunes. I left around 9 while the girls stayed, but I had to wash my hair (atleast) in the cold water at home. Got home at 9:30 and did just that! I survived...but froze my tushy off! I went to bed around 10:30.

No comments: