Saturday, June 16, 2007

June 15, 2007

Once again, 8:30 class. We had a PD and learned Tarte Normande and Tarte Creole. Both DELICIOUS! No other word about that! I wish we were making BOTH of them in class...THAT'S how good they were! Then went to sit with my friends for coffee at 11:30 and at 12:30 we had a CD. Kaili took a personal day while Katie and Melissa and I worked our butts off! It was a LONG practical. We were amongst the last people in there. At one point we all had to leave the room because of the toxins that were coming from (which I found out at the END of practical) MY recipe in plastic that blew onto someone's hot plate! It was BAD! ooops. Anyway, Chef gave great criticism today. Ok...not great...but better than usual. My sauce was very good. However it didn't start out that way. He helped me tweak it and eventually he liked it. I, personally, would have added more salt. My veggies were undercooked...as usual. My aubergines had great flavor but he said I could have put some more garlic in it. And my fish was over cooked by 1/2 a second. WHAT?!?! I mean that's the worst criticism ever. 1/2 second. Ok...like I could have timed that better! And last...he said my plating was very pretty. So overall good day...although I was running SO late!

At 3:30 I walked home and good think because it started to downpour. When it stopped raining, Liz and I went to BHV to pick up some stuff, but they didn't have the ONE thing i needed so I have to go somewhere else! Then around 7ish I went to Kaili's to shower. I picked up beer, bread, cheese and cherries. Lauren came over and eventually we ordered Pizza's and watched 2 episodes of House. Thrilling!!!! Then at 12:30 I came home. I am about to go to bed peacefully having finished my first week in french classes ;)

No comments: