Tuesday, June 12, 2007

June 12, 2007

Back on track with my schedule. However I can't start going to the gym yet because i have SUCH BAD blisters on my feet from italy that I can barely walk/stand at school. So I'm waiting for those to heal and hopefully monday I will be able to start again! Anyway...8:30 class and I had CP. We made the John Dory. It went by quick. 3 of us shared the fish so we combined duties today. Also, I didn't mention yesterday, they are getting strict with piercings...so my lip ring had to be taken out, my nose pierce has to be taken out (i left it in and got yelled at today...im going to get a clear one...or else...bye bye baby...how sad!), earring had to be taken out...ALL OF IT. they are cracking down on all of the students now. Which i guess is a good thing and should have been done a LONG time ago. Anyway...to continue...class went fine. I am really concentrating on plating this trimester and sauces. Once again my sauce was too thick and he said I needed a little more lime juice. But he didn't go into much detail about anything else. This is the chef that I don't get along with very well, so I pretty much keep to myself and don't ask question about anything because he doesn't like to speak english and he gets annoyed easily. So he didn't give much feedback. I was pleased with my presentation and the flavor of my sauce.

We finished at 10:30 so we had coffee and then went to my baguette place to get some bread. AT 12:30 we had our first pastry demo with a chef who also isn't the friendliest! At the beginning of class he was speaking so quickly even if we wanted to understand we couldn't! Luckily we had a fire drill so we talked to admin about it and they spoke to the chef right before we went back into class, so he toned it down. He was also very understandable that most of us don't speak french so he said if we have questions ask them in english in class and he will answer in french, but we need to understand it in demo before we get to practical. SO that a little bit of a compromise (since technically...no english is allowed!) Anyway...we made kugelholpf and baba rhum! Then after class at 6 I went to Kaili's to shower because I still have no hot water and prolly wont have any for another week or two! fabulous huh? Then I came home and went straight to the laundr-o-mat for the FIRST time in my life. (washing machine won't work either because of the water!) I had so many loads it was a joke. Now I know those places are expensive...but 8.50 euros for one load...thats almost 10 bucks for a load of laundry! and that's just the wash! WHAT THE F!?!?!? anyway...i read while i waited. Got home by 7:30 and actually did some homework on my 2nd day of class. Im such a good student :) Now im about to go to bed because i was up way too late last nite and I have an early day tomorrow. Au revoir!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL About the blisters on your feet. By the end of our trip, (june 17th) i had such horrid blood blisters at the ends of my toes... i had to wear sandals the last 3 days. The blisters are gone ( i lanced them when we got home) but there are bruises under my toenails! How gross is that?! lol Anyway... sorry you had to loose your piercings, i thought the lip one was cute. :) Never even noticed the nose piercing. Mean people over there! Humph! LOL