Sunday, June 10, 2007

Firenze-2

I woke up at 7 and woke Ed up also. We left the hotel and on the way out we met Abigail from Australia so we invited her to join us! We went to the Academia to see DAVID!!!!!! It was SOOOO thrilling to see him upclose. I have to say boys...that the whole "if your hands are big..." is SO false...cause David's hands are HUGE and his peepee is tiny! But he is HOTT! And what a butt! Anyway...it was SOOOO cool. I didn't want to leave! But we did because we had to get back to our hostel for breakfast at 9:15! Hey...it was free! When we got back I met Andrea, another roomie, who also happened to be another foodie like me. She goes to school in Florida for hospitality. Anyway, then Ed and I went to the Duomo. We climbed 463 stairs to the top then 463 down. Just beautiful. Then we went to the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo. Then we parted ways. I had a reservation for the Uffizi gallery because I bought my tickets the day before. It was a lot of art work, which gets a bit boring after a while. Then I went to eat gelato at Vivoli's. (another Jenny/Frommer's suggestion) I ate the Canella, Nocciolo and something that resembles Mille Feuille...BRILLIANT. Why didn't i come up with Napoloeon ice cream?!?!? It was the best gelato so far. Then I went to Santa Croce which was cool to see Michelangelo's tomb. I walked around there for a while and then took the bus to Piazalle Michelangelo where the bronze statue of David is, BUT there was some TRL thing going on so there were SO many youngsters there. So i quickly left. I tried to walk to Boboli gardens and MAJORLY got lost. I met a girl from Maine on my way who was studying Italian there. She tried to help, but didn't know either. So i kept walking and got even more lost. By then my feet were murdering me, but everyone said I had to walk Ponte Vecchio. By then I just wanted to get home so I got to the bridge and walked it quickly. It was pretty cool though. I got back to the hostel at 6 and layed down. At 6:30 I showered and got dressed for dinner with Jackson. We met at 7:30 at Club Culinario Tuscano de Osvaldo (a suggestion from Jenny!) We ordered the 6 course tasting menu with red wine. The whole meal was outstanding and not badly priced compared to what i've been eating! It was SOOOO fun to be with good company and to pick apart the food with another critic :) It was just nice being with someone from school and Jackson is a blast! He so kindly walked me home. I got my life organized and then went to bed at 11 pm.

No comments: