Wednesday, June 13, 2007

June 13, 2007

These 8:30 classes and I don't get along right after long breaks ;) i am exhausted still and not in the swing of things! Anyway...8:30 demo. We learned frog legs with a garlic puree and a herb sauce (outstanding!), Lamb chops with a tasty farce on top, green beens w/ bacons and artichoke chips which were deep fried...amazing! and for dessert it was a fruity goodness with kirsch (YUM) and a chiboust cream ontop inside of an orange. Today was a good tasting day! They saved all the good food for superior :) Anyway, at 11:30 we had a break. Boo for long breaks. Kaili and I went to H and M cause i had to return something then to Erik Kayser and we had a picnic in the park! It was lovely out today so it was nice to just relax and not have anything to do! Eventually we went back to school. Then at 3:30 we cooked those chops!!!! It was a longer class than we expected and it was BOILING in the kitchen. But things turned out well. I wasn't pleased with my plating (as most days!) but my jus was "super" as chef said! he said it was seasoned perfectly and a good consistency! So that was good. However I needed to plate it at the last second right before he came to try it because it got cold. And my meat was a little overcooked...but i could tell that before he tried it. My chops were so small that I shouldn't have even put them in the oven...but i had to so i could brown the top...and it didn't even brown! annoying! Anyway...i was so glad to be done with class because i was boiling today!

It was also raining outside so it was nice to walk home in the rain. When I got home I just sat. It was one of those days where I was SO just done with the day. I talked on the phone to my best friend sara for a while which was nice cause we caught up and then i did some banking stuff so I could see how much I could travel this trimester. Now I think i'm gonna read a little before i go to bed. I could use some r and r and some alone time :) and since no one is home...it's perfect timing :) have a lovely nite!

No comments: