Sunday, June 10, 2007

Italia

Ok...so this is the beginning of my Italy blogs! Overall I had a great time. These are a few things I have to say about Italy and my trip before you read on!

-a lot of places in italy didn't have toilet seat tops...just the base!
-almost ALL of my trains and buses (and my one plane) were late! What's with italy transportation!
-Italians are truely friendly people...unless you meet a rude one!
-I can't speak ANY italian...no matter how good my spanish is :)
-I didn't know italy had SOOOO many mosquitos. I came home COVERED in bites! horrible!
-Bologna is NOT the top city for food even though they ARE the best in gelato!
-Out of all of the cities I went to...i have to say for every aspect a traveler goes somewhere for, Verona has to be the overall winner!
-It rained almost EVERY day I was in Italy except the first 2 days I was there. So if I didn't mention it...just know i was in the rain EVERY day :)
-When I mention suggestions from Jenny...She is a friend from H.S. who gave me AMAZING suggestions of places to go to and restaurants to eat and and if it wasn't for her I would have been lost and hungry! AMAZING! i owe her my life. GRAZIE!
-This trip for ME was primarily an eating tour :) I know...sounds silly. But I spent little money on hotels, and tourist stuff and splurged on food! Breakfast was included in my hotel usually, lunch was searching out the best gelato, and dinner was splurging! SO, i did take food pictures at some places and i did take notes, but I won't blog about them. IF you are interested...please contact me! THANX!
-When you look at my pictures...i apologize now, i have no clue what they are. I knew then...but I took 500 pictures and didn't take notes on EVERY ONE, so in each city there will be a slide show for the day! (I also took some illegal pictures...i'm sure you will notice!)
-I am VERY sorry I didn't go into much detail in these blogs...but I did the best I could. I came home at the end of the night and was SOOO exhausted that I took rough notes on what I did and then had to write it all on here! SO please take it for what you will. Overall great trip!

ENJOY!

No comments: