Sunday, March 25, 2007

LONDON!

Well...here it is folks, my trip to london blog! I was debating on how i was going to post these, so I'm going to call them day 1, day 2, etc. But there are a few things I wanted to say about london that weirded me out. I'm just speaking for myself and maybe for others that haven't been there before. So for those of you who frequent london often...you can ignore this and don't laugh at me for not knowing this stuff.
1) before the traffic lights turn green, they turn orange instead of how in the states they turn orange before they turn red!
2) everyone calls waiting in a line, a queue. I mean i've heard the word...but I heard it daily here.
3) Big Ben isn't really Big Ben. The bell inside the tower is called Big Ben. The clock tower itself is called St. Stephen's Tower.
4) Infront of the main curtain in a theatre they always had a curtain that said "safety curtain" go down. Everytime.
5) In the states they don't eat food in theatres. In the UK they do...AND they sell Ice Cream during the intermission...pardon me...interval as they say there.
6) Intervals are 20 min long...which is pretty long if you ask me.
7) They don't give away playbills...you have to buy them!
8) It's really nice for tourists, because almost every street has a post that has little direction arrows telling you which way is what touristy thing!
9) also if you look on the ground on the street, it tells you which way to look before crossing the street! very helpful.
If you pay close attention to my blogs and how many shows I see, you will notice in the possible amount of days i was there to see shows, which was 6 (2 sat, T-F, no shows on mon) I saw 11 shows. So a majority of my time was spent in the theatre. When I was not there I was doing touristy stuff and when I was not doing that I was walking/eating!

No comments: