Monday, March 26, 2007

Day 3

Todays breakfast was BREAD...not toast! i thought...oh...was it because yesterday was sunday that we had a special breakfast! OY! And this morning i FINALLY got a towel :) Anyway, I walked the river to the Shakespeare Globe museum and Theatre. Below you can see pictures of the beautiful place!!!!!

Then I walked to the oh so cool Tate museum. Has to be one of the coolest museums I have ever been to! I took a picture of two of the exibits there. One I was allowed to take pictures of, which were the slides going through the buildings which you were actually allowed to ride. One went from the 5th floor to the ground.

The other exibit I illegally took a picture of and you can't see it that well, but it was called sliding doors and they were doors that were mirrors and they kept opening one after the other and it was just really cool to look at.

Then I walked to Kensington Palace! OY! That was the longest walk ever. On my walk, infront of the National Gallery I saw a woman singing opera. Just standing outside singing. So i sat and watched her amongst the birds all around my feet!


I walked by the ORIGINAL Hardrock Cafe...where it all started!

After i walked through the Palace I had afternoon tea at the Orangery. Not only did I have champagne and tea, but with it I had three different kinds of sandwiches (all pictured below) cucumber and creamcheese, salmon and creamcheese, and some sort of smoked ham. There were two kinds of scones, orange and raisin, with strawberry jam and gooseberry jam and their famous clotted cream! There was a strawberry tart, and chocolate eclair, a chocolate cake, and a white cake with raspberry jam and white icing. They were all very small mind you!


Then I walked Kensington Gardens for a little. The only thing that really caught my eye was the statue that was named for Peter Pan. You can see it in my slide show.

Since it was raining I took the bus to see Billy Elliot.

It was great! I was very impressed. I took the tube home since it was still very rainy out and the theatre was far and went to bed at 12. At 1 am, the fire alarm went off. We all went outside for atleast 15 min and waited to get back in. Oh what joy.

No comments: