Saturday, March 31, 2007

March 30

Again...no internet! The two people i have talked to on the phone WHO SPOKE ENGLISH said they couldnt help me unless i spoke french! jerks! So today I had class at 8:30 again and we made the guinea fowl! It was the most waiting around we have ever done in class before. It was because the bird was supposed to be in the oven for an hr so we waited for a long time because we couldnt make the sauce til it came out!! Anyway...I didn't peel my celery for the veggie medley...so while I was making my bird, I remade my celery so that kept me busy for about...oh two minutes! Well, Chef said my cooking and the color of the bird was good, the sauce tasted like the trimmings were colored too dark, which they were, and the veggies were cooked perfectly (whew!). Overall he thought I did a nice job. Guinea Fowl is a very rich bird...and i don't think I would eat it on a daily basis...but it's very good.

Then we went for coffee. We had a LONG time today which was nice and relaxing. I actually had some coffee :) Then for PD we learned two tarts...YUMO! A lemon tart and a passion fruit and raspberry tart. Both so super delicious! just amazing. Went home a happy camper :) anyway...after school lauren and I went to transfer over some of her money and run errands. I went home and made myself some dinner and then went to kaili's and put her french lessons onto my computer. I will know french when i come home. you can be sure of that :) Then I came home at midnight and went to bed after trying to futz with my internet again! argh

No comments: