Sunday, March 25, 2007

Day 1

Well...I was supposed to get on a Eurostar at 1:15...but there was a fire in london, so no trains were supposedly leaving that day nor had been the day before. I waited around all day, meeting two very nice people, Heather and Cherie, who watched my bags while I was gone and vice versa. Finally eurostar was sending trains out. As we were going upstairs, my nalgene (my baby) fell out of my backpack onto the escalator below me...i thought i lost it forever. A guard found it and i saw him. I told him to forget about it. Heather was infront of me and the guard tossed it to her! She saved the day. I owe her one. Anyway, the first train was to leave at 3:20 and I got on it, sitting by Heather and Cherie. They gave me tips and suggestions for my travels. I arrived at my hostel, Piccadilly Backpackers, at 6 pm.(there was an hr time difference...earlier).

I tried to call the US on my cell to let my mom know I was there...didn't work. It was gonna be a long week! I dropped my stuff off and went to see Blood Brothers!

Had to start right away :) It was really good. I cried and freaked out because the story was so strange. The parts were cast age inappropriately, except for the mother. I came home and I tried to fall asleep, but people were pounding on the walls all night. That's what you get for staying in a hostel. Btw, no towels at the hostel. There were 4 beds in my room and only two were taken.

No comments: