Sunday, October 14, 2007

October 9, 2007

I woke up at 9:30. I got dressed and went to my gym. I did my work out and rushed home because I had to make it to my bank before 1 pm. I showered and got dressed so quick and picked up my computer hoping I could steal some internet at school. I got to the bank before 1 and then picked up some lunch and then went to school. I sat at school trying to get the internet to work, which it wouldn’t, and eventually I gave up and just typed up my Amsterdam blog and will paste it on my blog when I get internet. I did however use the internet at school. At around 3:15 I got into my outfit. Today we learned a tomato mousse with lobster and an oil of mint and vanilla, terrine of sardines, foie gras and escabeche with pistachio oil, and the dish we prepared was veal rib roast with braised stuffed lettuce and breaded polenta fries. Everything was tasty, except I thought the polenta fries were a little bland, so in pratical I infused my milk with rosemary and they were WONDERFUL! Chef complimented me. He says I’m wonderful in the kitchen. He says everything I do is perfect. I don’t think he is making my ego bigger either…he is being honest. And he tells me when something needs work, like yesterday with the salt. But overall he is very impressed…as am I. I truly think it’s the environment and the people I am working with.

After class it was raining. The ONE day I forget my umbrella, so I had to walk home in the pouring rain. By the time I got home I was DRENTCHED! It was funny. I read a little and then went to bed at 11.

No comments: