Sunday, October 14, 2007

October 8, 2007

I woke up at 5 am, got dressed and organized my luggage. I left the hostel at 5:45 to catch the tram back to the train station. I took the exact same train out that I did in. I left at 6:55 and arrived in Paris at 11:06. I was SO happy to be back, yet LOVED Amsterdam and can’t WAIT to go back :) Anyway, I was also happy to make it back to my house safe. When I got home I immediately unpacked and did laundry. I then showered and came to school because our internet was down and I needed to check my email. At 3:30 we had our first day of our last week in Cuisine which is 3 star cooking. We have my favorite chef this week! We learned the most amazing food! We learned sea bass on a pastry with leek cream and an avruga vinaigrette, veal sweetbreads (if you don’t know what those are- they are the glands of a lamb) in leek with morel mushrooms with baby veggies and a citrus butter sauce, and ganache, white chocolate and coffee jelly trio with coconut tuile. The food was DELICIOUS! I mean….just unreal! For practical, we made the sweetbreads and the dessert! My sweetbreads needed some more salt, but he said my plating was definitely 3 star. My dessert didn’t turn out right, but neither did Emi’s so I didn’t feel bad. I think it was the recipe.




Dzintra is in the US and now we have a new guy whose name I can’t pronounce…or remember. But he is from Greece. Anyway, we started 30 min early and finished around 8:30. After class that guy, Fernando and I along with a bunch of people from another class went for a beer. I didn’t drink because I was SOOO tired. At 10:15 Fernando walked me home to pick up some stuff. I went to bed around 11 pm.

No comments: