Sunday, October 14, 2007

Amsterdam 2

I woke up at 8:30, got dressed and went downstairs for my free, CRAPPY, breakfast. I stayed down in the lobby til around 10 am. I then went to the Rijks museum and then the Van Gogh. They took me a short time, as museums are not the most fun for me. But I enjoy them for the time being. I then asked where I could get Harley Davidson gear and I was sent to this bike shop, so I went there. They sold nothing and told me the ONLY place I could get it would be a 20 euro taxi ride there and then the same back. I decided against that idea. I walked to the Waterpleinloo market. There I also grabbed something to eat. After that I went to the main shopping street. I happened to run across some great thrift stores where I made an awesome purchase (and I bargained with the guy) of a silk mcdonalds vest! It’s so cool! Then I had some free time so I (X RATED). I then walked to this restaurant called Pasta e Basta where the servers and hosts sing and serve you. The first course is antipasto and is buffet and you can eat as much as you want. Then you chose a pasta dish out of 8. Then dessert. I also had wine and coffee. I had to sit at the bar because they were completely full. The guy serving me asked “is it good?” and I replied “I came here for the singing” He laughed and said “ok, I got you…I won’t ask any futher” It was funny! I also met one of the wait staff who I could tell was really young but she has potential to be good. She was 17 and was about to take her exams to go to college. I gave her some song suggestions and my info to stay intouch. She also wanted to know where I went to school. I think I made her day because she told her boss and she was so excited. Overall the singing was ok. Some of the people were unreal! Others I could have done without…and the food…I definitely could have done without ;) I then went to Boom Chicago. I had met the bartender the night before, Ian, so I sat and ordered a drink. We chatted and then Summer, the girl from my hostel, met me there. We got seated and met this nice guy John who was also by himself. Anyway, the best part of my trip is about to be explained. The show started and they had a picture montage of the performers in the show. There was a picture and the name of Julie Nichols who was the piano player. I thought, there can’t be more than one in the world. So I looked over and low and behold, it was THE Julie Nichols who I went to HS with. SOOOOO random!!! I wrote a note and gave it to the waitress to give to her. She gave it to her, and she was so confused. Julie looks in the audience and I waved and she got very excited. I enjoyed the show very much! After the show Summer left and I stayed and waited for Julie. It was SOOO exciting. We sat, drank, chatted, and I met the rest of the cast. Oh and we also watched the cubs lose :( Anyway, it was SOOOO good to catch up. Around 4 am, I decided to leave. We parted ways, but that was DEFINITELY the highlight of my trip!

No comments: