Sunday, October 14, 2007

October 11, 2007

I was SUPPOSED to go to the gym, but I woke up still feeling yucky. So I slept in til around 9:30 and then got dressed for my stage (internship) meeting! My mtg was at 11 and I can’t say much else. But I’ll keep you posted in the next week or so. After that I used the computer at school because AGAIN I still have no internet. France sux sometimes!!! Then I had my LAST class for cuisine!!!! We learned Tapioca flavored with anis seed and dill with shrimp and granny smith apples and caviar plus a horseradish cream, a fabulous fish bouillabaisse jelly with a light rouille, and then what we made was squab roasted with broccoli couscous, squab sausage and a jus with chick peas. I expected more out of our last day…BUT I’m never disappointed. Chef said he was really impressed with my plating. He thinks I have a talent for it. YAH! He also said it was a pleasure to work with me and he think I can actually cook. Wow…I think I may have a career! according to me, I think I do too as long as I have a recipe! Anyway, as far as today’s dish, he said my squab could have been cooked 3 min longer but overall everything was great. My plating, for me, was more tapas style…well that was the look I was going for!

After class we had a ceremony…HAHAHA….ok champagne and certificate acceptance. It was fun and relaxing. When school was over I went home to drop off my stuff and Madame was home. So I wound up staying at home for longer than I thought talking to her and her husband about household issues. Eventually I went to Fernando’s where a bunch of people were. We drank beer and just chilled. As usual, it got to late so I crashed at his place around 3ish or later.

No comments: