Sunday, October 14, 2007

Amsterdam 1

I woke up at 4:45 am, finished getting ready and then left my house and waited at the metro station for about 15 minutes. I then took the metro to the train station. I got to the station early around 6:15 am. I met two very nice girls who were also traveling. One of them actually went to Northwestern. While they were in Paris they happened to have stayed with a girl whose boyfriend attends LCB and is in the basic class. SO weird! The train left at 6:55 and I slept the ENTIRE way. I happened to hear once that we were delayed for a bit and we were cause I arrived in Amsterdam around 11:25 am instead of 11:06. I went straight to my hostel and set down my stuff. I left right away to go start touring. The closest thing to my hostel was the Heineken Experience. I was all for it, except for the fact that I hadn’t eaten ALL day and they give you 3 beers in the tour :) It was fun though. I met some really nice people including two couples from England. One of the couples actually gave me their info and said if I happened to be near Birmingham I should give them a ring! How nice. After I left I went to get something to eat. I then proceeded to walk to Anne Frank's house. Thinking about it even makes me sad. It was an experience I’ll never forget. Then I did some shopping for friends. Eventually I went to dinner at a restaurant a friend from school recommended called Envy. You can see the pictures of the food I ate. I chose the tasting menu, as usual. It was actually very cheap for all the food I got. I won’t bore you, but if anyone cares to know what I ate, just email me. However I will tell you I ate horse meat, which was delicious! After dinner I watched the kitchen for a while because it was in the middle of the dining room. I then spoke to the chefs. We chatted. On my walk home I stopped off at Boom Chicago to buy tickets for the next night. Back at my hostel, which is HUGE…600 beds in the hostel total and 20 beds alone in my room….I met a girl named Summer from Oregon. We chatted a bit and eventually I got into bed. After a few exchanges of texts with Sara, I fell asleep around 11:45.

No comments: