Saturday, July 28, 2007

Peru Independance

This morning I woke up unhappily at 8 am. I can only imagine my friends that went to out last nite who had to work with me this morning what they are feeling like. Anyway...I got dressed quickly and left my house by 8:45 to get to the 17th district by 9:30. I got there early. I was helping out for the independance day for peru. Like 10 people from school were helping with the function. I try and volunteer as much as I can to get as much knowledge as I can. It's actually a lot of fun...just not that early :) So...when we got there we did a lot of setting up. Then we went for coffee for a break while mass was going on. Then we came back and I was the soda girl. I said a lot of "de rien"s and passed out cokes and fantas. It was nice to meet a bunch of peruvians...but i couldnt speak french or spanish...so I was just confused. We finished that around 12:30. After that I went on a mad pastry shop hunt. Ok...well I went to 3 of them. I was going to go to them to buy some pastries from each and compare to see where I want to do my internship. The names of the places were given to me from school. Well, in Paris it's vacation time for good stores, so they are all closed. So all 3 of them were closed. And the 4th one that I was going to go to was closed as well..but I found that out before I even attempted to go there because Manuel texted me. So when I finished making my rounds, Manuel and Rodolfo called and asked if I wanted to do lunch. I met up with them around 2:15 and we went to a great place that is actually in NY as well. I had a GREAT salmon salad and they had 6 different kinds of spread for your bread (that rhymed!) on the table....so i feasted! We then walked around for 30 minutes and Rodolfo decided he wanted to go home and change. (he was still in his suit from the nite before from sleepin at Manuels....LONG STORY....Madame's son came home, so he couldn't sleep here). So he came back and picked up a bag of stuff to go back to Manuel's house. I then proceeded to do nothing. I answered some emails, I talked to Liz, I did some laundry, i organized my room and photos on my computer. Eventually I layed in my bed and watched Bend It Like Beckham. I've seen it before but not all at one time. I really like that movie. I fell asleep around 1ish.

No comments: