Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Madrid dia 1

I woke up on Fri at 9. Got all dressed and ready and then did some mad cleaning of my room and i even used cleaning products!!! I did some last minute laundry and then last minute packing...which luckily i did because I forgot shower shoes and pajamas! The important stuff :) At 11:30 I left and took the metro to the RER to CDG airport. Ofcourse when I got there ontime at 1pm for my check in, my flight was delayed by 1hr and 15 min!!! So I checked in and got to my gate which was SOOO far away. But the time I got ther, we were boarding the plane which worked out well. We were supposed to take off at 2:10 and we took off around 3:20. Arrived at 5:30 instead of 4:20. How annoying though! The plane was fine until the end. I tried to sleep but was on an end so my neck hurt. The end of the flight was very bumpy so I got a bit nervous. When we landed I took 3 metros and walked a little to my hostel and actually asked someone in spanish directions :) He thought I spoke spanish also! I check in, dropped off my stuff and walked to buy a bus ticket. I got a Madrid card which meant for 3 days i could get on and off the bus as many times as I wanted and got into all of the museums for free :) Well not for free...but it was included in the price (59 euros...it was a bargain!) I came back to the hotel to get a dinner suggestion and at 8 pm I was starving because I hadn't eaten since 10 in the morning! I went to the restaurant where i proceeded to eat pigs ear (pictured below) and bulls tail...both specials in madrid and both very tasty!

However, I got full so quickly i barely ate anything! I came back to the hostel at 9:30 and sat in the lounge to people watch. I checked my email and then went upstairs and met one of my roomates from Lisbon, Portugals. We talked for a bit. At 11 I went to bed!

No comments: