Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Madrid dia 2

What a horrible bed! It wasn't just hard, but the pillows were so flat that there was no neck leverage! It hurt tremendously! I woke up at 8:30 and got dressed in my new cute dress from H and M!!! Went downstairs for my free breakfast. It was coffee and a croissant. (there were other options, but that's what i chose). I checked my email and around 9:15ish I left. At 9:30 i started my day at the Prado museum (not the prada museum...i only wished!) Nice, but not mu cup of tea. WAY too many paintings! I then hopped on the bus. I got off at Templo de Debod where I walked around and then just sat down for a while. Got back on the bus and then got off at the Palacio Real. Now THIS was a real palace. It is said to be the best preserved palace in Europe. And it was amazing! The other ones I have seen were so so, but this one was gorgeous! I wish I could have taken pictures. I took one illegally...but then got introuble :) From there I walked to the gardens next door and then to the Catedral de la Almudena. I then got back on the bus and got off at Plaza Mayor. Walked around there a bit and then walked to Plaza del Sol. It was a bit touristy, but no one seemed to speak english! Strange! They had some good shopping around there as well. I sat down for my lunch at around 3pm which consisted of Starbucks :) I then got back on the bus and got off at the Thyssen Museum. Much better than the Prado. From there I walked to the Reina Sofia and that beat them ALL! I loved it. So inventive and so creative! After that, around 6, I walked to the Botanical Gardens which were the worst BG that I have ever been to. I sat down for a while there and journaled and to soak up some sun! I got back on the bus and took it to the Palacio Real stop which is where I was going to dinner. A book I had gotten suggested it. It was called Cafe Vergara., I had a tomato mozarella salad and then a plate full of tapas. Most of the tapas was stuff I could make at home. Pretty boring! For dessert I had a chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and I think it was soaked in apricot juice with chunks of apricot in it. There was also a caramel sauce on it. I also had a great glass of sangria at dinner. My waiter was super friendly and at the end of the meal asked me if I wanted to dancing with him. I told him i had to go home to bed :) ooops! I mean, he barely spoke english, he was older than me, and it just would have been weird! So i left him a tip, which you dont do in spain. I went to the bus stop and waited 30 min. I got frustrated and eventually walked home. It only took 15 min. I checked my email, journaled and tried to pick up guys! With my dress...it worked not too shabby ;) My roomate that I had met came over and we chatted for a while. At 11:30 I went upstairs and went to bed around 12.

No comments: