Wednesday, July 25, 2007

July 25, 2007

What a great day!!!! I first had a PD at 8:30 where we learned Chocolate boxes. Pretty boring. I tried to study for my wine exam and I actually left at one point to get a cup of coffee because I was falling asleep! At 11:30 I had a mtg about a program in Nov. (more to come on this subject) Then at 12:30 I went to someone else's class. I mean it's a long story. (shortened version following) But someone had a conflict with their class today, and mine was for tomorrow so the administrative dept let us switch since her conflict was school related. So i got to take my CD with a new class today! It was a BLESSING!!!! a PLEASURE. I can't even begin to describe the class. I felt relaxed, calm, and enjoyed myself immensely. Everyone was so helpful and nice and no competition! And I guess it showed in my work because chef said my dish was excellent. He said my sauce was excellent and my flan was excellent. He said I could use a bit more salt on my fish, but it was cooked perfectly! So overall i did a great job! It was the atmosphere I swear!

Then I had a CD. We learned a crabmeat salad with cilantro pesto. One of the best dishes we've learned. I almost licked my plate clean. This will be made next week in my house because i loved it so much. The main course was brill with fennel and a fumet with veggies and then dessert was an apricot millefeuille. Class ended super early, so I sat in the wintergarden with some people and we attempted to study for wine class, but we gave up after 10 minutes :) Wine class from 7-9. I dont think i did well on my exam...but Im sure i passed which is what matters! Tonite we also learned about port, sherry and one of my new favorite wines...Muscat! I came home and I am catching up on my blogging right now...so I apologize for the long wait...but thanx for reading!!!!

No comments: