Sunday, December 30, 2007

Overnight 2

Once again...I started at 1 am. However today I felt like i was going to fall asleep. And when I got there I expected the same thing as last nite...Galette production (which made my time go by really quickly) Well...there was none today! We just went into normal things! So I KNEW it was going to be a long day!!!! I started with the apples (as usual!!!) Then I got to make a peach tart which I've never done before (and i took pictures!!) They are a lot like the plum tarts...but you have to weigh them. And the way they are finished are different. I forgot to take pictures of the finishd product...which looks completely differnt!


And then...I got to go to Petit Gateaux today!! So i have plenty of pictures :) I got to do new things :) Some I didn't take pictures of. Like i put chestnuts and gold leaf on some barquettes, and I put chocolate emblems on chocolate cakes...but those were little things so I didn't take pictures of them. But the next thing I got to do were framboise (raspberry) tart. I put the rasberries on individually and then had to "paint" them with a glaze.





Then the next thing is the charlotte. I powder sugared the bases then did the same thing, but had to put the raspberries onto a little card, "paint" them and then slide them onto the top so it wouldn't get dirty!




Then after that I went back and lined some tarts and then eventually I wound up making buchettes again :) I actually was TEACHING someone to make them. It was WEIRD! It was like I was in charge. And the girl didn't speak a lick of english...so it was rather amusing. Turns out...she did a shitty job and she had to redo them. Ooops. I felt really bad...but they told me to let HER do them. So what was I supposed to do?!?!

Today I was supposed to leave at 10:30...but since I was working tonite at 8 pm, chef told me to leave at 10 am. So that was nice. And it was weird, because at the beginning of the night I was exhausted...but by the morning i was so awake and I could have kept going for hrs!!!! I had another pain au raisin at 7 am for breakfast. It's also nice to work night shifts because I get to see when everyone comes in :) Other than that...I came home and went to bed at 11. Work tonite at 8 pm!!!!! New years eve production! YAH!!!

1 comment:

Haute Sucre said...

yummm! Bring one of those home for me.........
;-)