Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years Eve Paris!

WOAH! What started out as a mellow night and i thought i would die of boredom...turned into a massive morning hangover :)

So...Since i worked the overnight shift I was sleeping during the day til around 4ish. Then I didn't do much til for the first time in over a month I decided to blow dry my hair!!! I took a picture but it isn't the best!

So as you can see...my hair is getting long again!!! YAH! I haven't cut it since August and I don't plan on cutting it til right before i leave here :) I'm dying cause i have gray hair and split ends...but I'm trying to wait! ha. Anyway...so I put on clothes and makeup and my hair all "did" and i felt great! So at 7:30ish I went over to Fernando's new pad! He lives so close to me now! FUN! And we sat around for an hr waiting for his friend to come over...but he didn't so then we went on a search for dinner. Well obviously things were closed or booked! And i wanted to go out with a bang...so by 9:45 we decided to split. He went home...I went home and I thought...GREAT...there goes my night. I knew it was going to be LAME! So i went home...made myself some good ole' American macaroni and cheese (i need to go grocery shopping) and started drinking a bottle of Absinthe my old roommate Liz left behind from Prague. That's when it started getting CRAZY! Well I talked to friends online. Kaitlin told me i HAD to get out of the house. After 4 glasses of Absinthe I knew i had to do something. I was all dressed and feeling good at this point...so I went to the Moose. It's a Canadian bar where they speak English and french and it's RIGHT next to work. So I had a Guinness and waited for the new year...and Teddy ;) The new year rang before teddy did...but when he came I got my new years kiss. Anyway...we spent a good 30 min together and at that point i was pretty tipsy! I went into work to say hi to everyone (they were shocked at the way i looked!), give kisses and then I went home around 1ish. Well...my drinking had led me to eating. I must have eaten my entire kitchen last nite (didn't notice til i woke up to my mess!!). Went to bed at 2 (one foot on the ground so the room would stop spinning. try it...it works! I learned it in Ireland!!) I woke up around 8:30ish and i walked into my wall (still drunk) and had a POUNDING headache. I took Advil and went back to bed. Woke up and 12...still walking into walls a bit...but no headache. So...was my new years everything i wanted it to be? Nah...but it will do. Till next year...

No comments: