Thursday, January 3, 2008

So far...

the new year hasn't treated me the best! Well...ok...it hasn't been horrible either! I went to see Good Luck Chuck (dane cook and jessica alba) with manuel. HILARIOUS! If you are looking for a funny movie...GO SEE IT! sincere humor. great ;) But after that things went downhill. I had my trainer seb on wed and when I did my second machine I must have pulled something in my head (more like...not enough oxygen in my brain) and i got a MASSIVE headache. So the rest of the session we did things really lightlightly because i was in SO much pain. Afterwards I went grocery shopping (spent SO much money- enough for two weeks) and came home and HAD to lay down i was in SO much pain. And not migraine pain...like pain pain. Eventually i got some work done on my thesis and cooked myself duck with pasta and mushrooms ;) Then I TRIED to go to bed at 9 pm but i didn't sleep AT ALL last nite. I mean NOT A WINK. Things I did differently yesterday....I drank a diet coke, i drank sleepy time tea, and I ate duck? WHAT THE HECK!?!? I don't know what it was...but I woke up (besides sleepy) with the WORST pain in my stomach and normally the pain that i felt would have gone away within a few hrs...the end of the day came and i STILL had the pains! ARGH! So between a headache, no sleep, and stomach pains...my new year hasn't been the best! However I made an AMAZING dinner for myself and my friend Tyler who came over to pick up the keys for Asima who moves in on Saturday. So...since i've never posted a recipe I will post it (i have to thank Pauline for getting it for me!!!) These are the recipe for Smokies from the restaurant called Eden that I ate them in for the first time in Ireland! So enjoy!!!

Eden smokies
You will need:
Splash of sunflower oil
500g (18oz) naturally smoked haddock, skin off, bones removed and diced
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
3 spring onions, finely chopped
250g (9oz) creme fraiche
Freshly ground white pepper
Cheddar for sprinkling on top
Heat a frying pan and add the oil. Fry the haddock on all sides. Add the tomatoes, spring onions and creme fraiche and season with the pepper (you will not need salt, as smoked fish is salty). Bring to the boil and place in a serving dish or individual dishes. Sprinkle with cheddar and brown under the grill.
Bon appetit!

Anyway...work today was good. I talked more to the chef and to some of the other guys :) We were making sex jokes with the nuts. It was horribly funny and I was NOT the one to start them (imagine that!!!) So i'm prolly gonna get ready for bed soon and hopefully be able to sleep tonite! How was everyone's new year? email me! i'd love to hear from you! toodles

No comments: