Saturday, December 29, 2007

Overnight 1

So this was my third over night really...but my first this time for the next three nights (if that makes sense). And it wasn't bad again. We made galetes de roi (i'm going to do a separate posting about those) and then once again i peeled apples and cleaned mini tartlettes. But seriously...that's all i did! haha. We made those galettes forever!! But, I worked from 1 am to 10:30 am and I wasn't hungry til about 7ish when I ate a pain au raisin. And i didn't get sleepy til 10:30 on the dot in which I KNEW i needed to go home then!!!

But the eventful parts of the day were I got scolded for the first time for something that happened yesterday which I guess no one was going to tell me about. I supposedly rolled out a dough wrong (which was my first time doing it and no one bothered to show me) and i left some dough in the fridge when i left (which i did tell someone i was doing that and they said ok). So...I took the rap and that's fine...but i'm glad someone told me instead of letting it go. It would have made me mad that no one would have told me my mistakes. I need to learn from my wrong. So Lisa (the cool girl-who i figured out how to spell her name and speaks english) decided to tell me. She was cool about it though. And the other thing that happened was i FINALLY (which this isn't the best of things) got to say Oui Chef twice today. That means the chef told me to do something different and I had to answer to him. Once Chef Mulot told me something and then Chef Benault told me something. But i was really excited to say it ;) So i said it proudly. Wow...am i a culinary student or what?!?! hahaha. But it was just that I put too many pistachios on the galette so the first time i said Oui to not put too many on and the second time I said Oui to remove them :) I'm such a good worker. hahaha.

Oh and I forgot to mention that Teddy and i went out for 30 min before work. He had a drink and I went to keep him company :) It's nice getting to know him.

I slept today from 12 noon (after i went to the post office to get my carte de sejour FINALLY after 4 months!!! But it's only til the end of march! ARGH!) til 10 pm! wow!! Well...it's getting time for me to go to work again! I love it!!!! toodles

No comments: