Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ireland

I forgot to mention on my last post, that I wasn't going to be posting for a while because I was leaving for Ireland, but I am sure you picked up on that from posts before. Anyway, I woke up a did last minute laundry and DEF last minute packing. Went to mom and dad's hotel. We sat there for a while waiting for the taxi. We went to the airport and we all hungout together til 12:15 when they had to go board their plane. It was sad...but for some reason, it was a different sad because I feel grown up now and i don't depend on them as much. Where as other times I would be miserable because I felt like I had to rely on them for things. Wow...only took 26 years :) Anyway, I went to buy a magazine, then I walked around for a while. At 3:30 I boarded my plane. The flight was an hr and 40 min. I arrived in Dublin and took a bus to the main bus terminal. I walked to the Hostel. I talked to the receptionist behind the desk who told me she was a food writer and then told me she was from springfield, IL! So she gave me a suggestion for dinner. First I walked around for a while to see what was going on in Dublin. Then I went to this restaurant called Eden. They just came out with a cookbook for their 10th anniversary. I had (in order of the pictures) Smokies (outstanding-gonna have to make those at home!), Beef and Guinness stew and then dessert was special. I couldn't make up my mind on the menu, so I asked my waiter to tell the pastry chef that I was also a pastry chef and I wanted her to make something that was her favorite or most fun thing to make! So she did. It was great. I had a little of everything. Also, I could watch the entire kitchen cook while I ate. I asked a woman who was cooking how many woman worked in the kicthen. She said 5. That a good amount for a tiny kitchen. After that i went back to the hostel to talk to people for a while and I met some guy named bryan from Iowa. He went over to the Temple Bar which is their famous bar. So i met him and his friend there for a guinness. They came out with a new kind in Oct of 06 which is called North Star. It's SOOO good. I mean I like guinness, but this new kind was SO amazing. After that I left at 11 and went to bed.

No comments: