Sunday, February 4, 2007

Feb 2, 2007

Friday was a long but FUN day! at 8:30 we had PP...which was VERY funny because we just got confused! Our teacher lost us from the start of class trying to explain to us how he wanted us to do the recipes, then before we could get too far he stopped us and said scratch that...everyone just do half a recipe. So needless to say it wasn't the most comprehendable class, but it was fun. Chef didn't have much to say. He borrowed one of my almond tuiles to show some of the people in the class of how they should look, so I assume they were good. He said they were good size, and he ate one and said it tasted alright. He said my raisin bisquits were also of good size. But that was pretty much it!

Then we got done VERY early...10:30...so Kaili and Katie and I went to the local food shop and got some salads and ate an early lunch. We walked back towards school and had some coffee, then I had to go back to school early so I could be the assistant for CP. Todays practical went smoothly. Nothing really to say. I mean, yah my vegetables need a LOT of help turning...but I'll get there! This is the only chef that truely came around to every person to show them how to turn each vegetable correctly and I actually understood the movement. It was a big help! Chef said my Hake was cooked correctly, my sauce (hollandaise) needed a little more paprika, he helped me with my garnish to show how to put it on correctly and that was that. Overall he said it was nice.

Then we had a CD and we learned 3 more fishes. One was like fish sticks, the other we were making, and the other was salmon. All three not too interesting. My friends and I were anxious to get out of there because we were going for a good dinner! So class let out early and we got dressed really quickly and took the metro to L'Entrecote.

AMAZING! I know, I know...I shouldn't have eaten meat (trust me...i felt it the next day) but it was too good to pass up! So this is how this place worked. They ONLY serve meat there. It is served with a salad, french fries and this AMAZING sauce (secret family recipe) and you choose how you want your meat done. It's only one kind of meat too. You also can get wine if you want. I chose not too. Then you get a choice of dessert. I had the profiteroles which you can see :)




The food was AMAZING! (I went with..from L to R...Lauren, Katie, Kaili, Melissa A. and Me!) THEN...we left the restaurant and walked a little cause it was right by the champs elysees...and to our amazement Laduree (the macaron place) was OPEN! After being so stuffed...we STILL went in and bought macarons and I also bought a millefeuille (also know as a napoleon to the non frenchies). And you can see Kaili takin a bite out of crime...i mean the pastry in the picture below!! SOOOO good.


Then we walked a little more and then we all decided to go home. Katie slept over that night cause she lives too far away and we had school the next morning to i told her to spend the night. So we went home and talked for a little then crashed!

No comments: