Monday, February 5, 2007

Feb 5, 2007

WOW! Two hrs of sleep and went through the day with a lousy...and i mean lousy 1.5 hr nap! Luckily I had one class today and it was a CD. We learned 3 soups. All just as lousy as my nap. Crab Bisque, Watercress soup, and Cauliflower. Blah! Today however, we got midterm grades. Only in cuisine. I am sure I will get pastry tomorrow. Then after class Kaili, Katie and I went to the other famous macaron place, Gerard Mullot. We got a little lost...but refused to give up! We bought tons of food! We are still in process of comparing...but my thoughts are, texture is better at GM, but taste is better at Laduree (except for a few...like caramel...they rock at GM!) So then we got Lunch at this place called Leon de Bruxelles which serves ONLY mussels and frenchfries or salad, just in different varieties. Kinda cool. It's a chain restaurant. Not bad. I had mine escargot style. Then I walked home, made some stops and looked in stores then when I got home I plotzed and took my crappy nappy. I woke up showered and got ready for wine class. Wine class was a little long and boring. French Law. and it didn't help that i was on 2 hrs of sleep. But i drank and ate cheese and came home and crashed!

No comments: