Sunday, February 4, 2007

Rue Du Bac et Football

Today I woke up, very groggy, but couldn't wait to do a city walk! It's been too long since I've been sight seeing! However since I did have a long weekend, I wanted to do one close to home so I could come home and nap, for my LONG night ahead of me (go bears!) So i walked Rue Du Bac which started with the Musee D'Orsay. All museums on the first Sunday of the month are free. I only waited for 15 min til I got in though which was great!!! I think this museum gave me a better appreciation for art. I can tell you out of all of the artists I saw, I am in love with Degas' work. I love his subject matter, and the pieces themselves. I found two other pieces of work that I really loved. One is the last picture on my slide show, and the other is not too appropriate to put on my page. Overall, I liked this museum better than the Louvre...can I say that?!?! At their bookstore I bought my all time favorite book that my mother used to read to me as a kid, but this one is in french...Goodnight Moon which translates to Bonsoir Lune! I can't wait to read it to my unborn children ;) that's what my mom said! haha.

anyway, I walked around a little more, but because it's a sunday things are closed. I did have a good sandwich with hardboiled egg, lettuce, tomato and a little mayo. Kinda reminded me of home when I used to eat egg sandwiches. Then I came home and took a mini nap but not a long enough one to get me through my night! I turned some veggies as you can see :) It kept me occupied for an hr or so...but I don't know if it actually helpd me!

Then I putzed around on the computer waiting to get dressed because I was meeting a friend at 9 downstairs to go to a Pub to watch the bears game. Long story short, we got there...kick off started at 12:25 pm...I watched the game...some of my friends went and grabbed food at a local store and brought it back cause we were famished...Melissa fell asleep around the 4th quarter (see below!),

the game ended at 4 am...I got home by 4:30...went to bed at 4:45 and woke up at 6:45 for school. Read next day for more :) Congrats Colts.

No comments: