Thursday, February 8, 2007

Feb 7, 2007

Unfortunately this was a short day! I had class at 8:30 and it was Pastry and we made the meringue based cookies. Lots of egg whites, so more whisking! It wasn't that hard today. And today we had a new chef, and they call him silent chef cause he seriously DOES NOT SPEAK! But he has a very tender heart and is easy going! So class was very laid back and went so smoothly. This class was also great because we did a lot of helping each other. A lot of the recipes that were called for were too big for one person so we shared amongst the four of us and it was just a very friendly atmopshere today! Chef said my cookies looked very good and that was that!

We got out very early but I decided not to go get coffee today because earlier in the morning it was quasi-snowing...so it was very yucky out and I didn't want to leave the building. So i sat on the computer and talked to friends. Then at 12:30 we had cuisine demo and we made the bouillon and the puff pastry which we turned into kinda cheese rolls. I've never made bouillon before so I was very intrigued in the process and it was so cool because all we were doing was clarifying it, but you have to add ground beef and egg whites and veggies and it forms this crust on the top which eventually makes the soup clear! WEIRD! but so cool. Anyway, i had to cut my veggies into the smallest of cubes. Chef said my soup tasted good, no complaints on the salt factor! And he said the puff looked good as well. Once again another short class!

After class a few peeps went for a beer, I went but I started to get a headache so I had a coca light thinking the caffeine may help. Then I ran some errands, and went home because my head still wasn't feeling up to par and I was planning on going to Kaili's for enchiladas. I layed down and watched Mrs. Henderson Presents (great movie!!) then at 6:30...get this...FELL ASLEEP! and didn't wake up til 8 am the next morning!

No comments: