Friday, February 9, 2007

Feb 9, 2007

Today I had a very easy day (except for the fact i left my keys at home for the first time in my life! Luckily i have a roomate that ended class early so she picked them up for me and dropped them off)! At 8:30 I had PD and we learned Honey filled Barquettes and a Pear tart with an almond dacquoise type toppping. Both pretty great! We got out of demo the earliest we have ever gotten out, about 10:30ish...so we went for coffee and I was starving today so I had a salmon salad which was great! Came back for 12:30 PP. We made the pear tart! Fun class. However a few of us needed to redo our pears because we didn't let the butter and sugar carmelize enough the first time. Not a big deal. At the end we had left over time so we practiced pipping chocolate in a handmade paper bag. Not that easy! Anyway, Chef said my pipping on my tart was "tres jolie"=very beautiful. Then it came out of the oven...and he didn't say the same thing! However...he did say that it colored perfectly and that's the sign of a good tart! He said it tasted good also. I was pleased with it overall. It tasted amazing...so that was number one importance to me :)

Then we had CD. We learned this AMAZING raw salmon dish that was marinated, a sugar tart (bland), veal stew and rice pilaf (both bland also). Then after class I went to the gym with my friend Michelle in my class. Came home, drank a corona and ate some of my food...and crashed! I think after the first day at the gym, my body needs some rest!

No comments: