Thursday, February 1, 2007

Feb 1, 2007

Happy one month in Paris anniversary! Anyway...I didn't have class til 12:30 :) However I woke up at 8 am...went to the market to buy carrots, mushrooms, potatoes and zucchini. Not to eat...TO TURN! This weekend I am going to practice turning my veggies for school :) how fun! Then...yes I have a weakness for sweets...I walked back to Laduree (the place I went yesterday) to buy more macarons! AMAZING! I tried some of their other sweets too, like brioche and kugelhopf! Yummers ;) Then I walked to school and got ready for my class. At 12:30 we made the dacquoise with praline butter cream! Not one of my favorites. We have a community table in the winter garden where people leave their finished product if they don't want it and it's a free for all (i love it when intermediate and superior people leave things!). SO i left mine there and it was devoured! Anyway...today was the day of WHISKING! We aren't allowed to use machines at school, so I had to whisk 8 egg whites to a stiff peak today by hand and then another 7 egg yolks. ARGH! but i survived...just a little sore in the arm! Chef said my dacquoise was good and my pipping was ok. He was short and simple today. That's that. The flowers are nasty marzipan and it was the first time, and we have MUCH more practice on them...and I need it. So he didn't even bother to look at it!

Then at 3:30 we had PD. We learned almond tuiles, raisin biscuits (both of those we are making), cigarettes, and duchesses. They all were pretty bland. That's really all I can say about those. Then after class my roomate came out of her class and handed me a box of chocolates she made in class today :) so that was good. came home...showered...did my hair differently (gonna try and take a picture tomorrow) and am gonna go to bed fairly soon. Pretty average day! Au revoir

No comments: