Sunday, February 4, 2007

Feb 3, 2007

Ew...class! I woke up at and went to get Katie and told her I didn't want to go, but I had to cause it was my last day this week of being assistant! FINALLY! So at 8:30 in the morning here I go to make fish :) We made Brill Fish. Never had it before. It tasted pretty good. This was the fish before I got to cut into it. It's rather large. And pretty easy to cut into because it's firm. I did get a little frustrated with my potatoes though! Turning is just hard for me. So I will practice this weekend! Anyway, Chef said I needed more parsely for my sauce, and if I wanted I could have added more butter to thicken it a bit. He said NO more salt...just on the edge of being too salty, but not too bad. The fish was cooked perfectly. All the chefs say I have the turning motion down, it's just the size that is inconsistent. Oh well! I was personally frustrated with this dish and I didn't like the sauce...so I wanted to get it over and done with.


After we got out of class I started to feel very sick. (assuming it was from the meat the night before) So I went home and took a LONG nap! I didn't want to sleep the whole day because it was the BIG rugby tournament day! So i finally woke up feeling a little better and met my friend Alex at a bar at 6:15 to catch the tail end of the Scotland vs England Rugby game. Thrilling. Not as much as Football, but thats probably because I didn't understand it. England won. I was at an irish pub...so it was rather amusing. Anyway...we went back to his place, picked up some booze and he made some pasta and I hadn't eaten all day cause i felt sick so I was starvin! I ate, drank and finally my friends showed up. We had a merry old time. At like 12ish I decided I wanted to go home. I knew I was going to do a city walk on sunday and the bears were playing so i wanted to be well rested. So i took the metro home and CRASHED!

No comments: