Friday, September 28, 2007

September 27, 2007

Went to the gym...came home and got dressed. Sent emails and went to school early. I finished my internship paperwork, and talked to peeps at school. At 3:30 we had our last class on mediterranean cooking. Dzintra was still sick. Fernando left after demo. It was me and Emi...plus we had two assistants today, Amy and another. Why we had 2, I will never know. We learned lamb in brik pastry with onions, almonds and parmesan with a side of hummus and a salad with cinnamon and vanilla flavored oil, then what we made was honey and spice roasted pigeon with figues and dates with a carrot and chicken jus and artichoke barigoule and dessert was yogurt ice cream with a blackberry coulis and strawberry and red wine jelly. Pretty good food....only took til the last day! Well, Emi and I worked our butts off and finished at 8 pm. I was so antsy because she doesnt speak english, so it was a true test to see how my french was! Luckily i had amy there to help :) (and teach me!)

After class I stayed and talked to amy for a little and then I walked home. Got home at 9ish. Kaili and Rick came over for a few minutes. Kaili had to pick some stuff up and gave me some stuff from her house! fun!!! Then they left and me being the lame person I am, decided to drink a bottle of white wine I had in the house that had been opened for 2 tbls for cooking. So i finished it. By myself. I went to bed at 1 am. Festive evening I shall say :)

No comments: