Tuesday, September 25, 2007

September 24, 2007

I woke up this morning and I think I ate too much last nite. I didn't feel well and I couldn't sleep all nite, so I skipped the gym :( Oh well. Anyway, I played on my computer and looked up plane tickets to places. So all my destinations are almost booked!!! Anyway, I went to school at 3:30 and this week is Mediterranean! It would be better if we didn't have this chef...but you take the good with the bad! Anyway, we learned a goat cheese and spinach and tomato galette, a rabbit chartreuse with carrots, beans and onions, and for dessert a gratin with grapefruit and a sorbet that is VERY hard to describe...but I'll just say it takes like land...yes...like a landscape. hahaha. Anyway, he ended late, as usual for this chef. So we started late. He suggested we worked "atelier" style, meaning in a group together...so we did. It was SOOO boring though because we made the rabbit dish and there was NOTHING to do. So we were done by 9, but we still had one thing a piece to do. Chef said we didn't have to plate it, but each of us wanted to. It was so cool to see how we all plated them differently. I liked mine, but it definately wasn't my best work.

Anyway, Amy, who is our asst this week, needed a place to stay so I said she could stay by me. So Dzintra drove us home and we came home to eat and she chatted with her BF and I read a little then went to bed at 10:30.

No comments: