Sunday, September 23, 2007

September 20, 2007

What a busy day! I woke up at 7:30...yes by choice :) I went to the gym first thing. Came home and went to my market. I tried to avoid using liz's rolly cart because to me those things are nerdy! So i had to go to my market twice because I bought so much!!!! I came home and showered and stuff. Then I met kaitlin and we went to Le Marais to get the jewish stuff I needed, mainly bagels...along with some side dishes. Then I came home and went to school. I printed out some recipes and I also got my schedule for Pastry for next term...HORRIBLE SCHEDULE!!!!!! Oh well..that's what I'm here for! School today...well...from 3:30 to 9 pm...no break...we did molecular cooking. Dzintra couldnt come to school today so it was me, Emi (the asian girl) and the boys. Well...the three of them had fun playing...but some how i managed to be Chef's "Bitch" if you will. He kept having me make stuff for HIS dishes. So my dishes weren't so creative or fun looking, while the other's...their dishes were outstanding! SO annoying! But...chef was nice about it. I guess that means he likes me! After we worked a bit on our own dishes, he started showing us some more machines and techniques to use in molecular cooking. It was pretty neat! So my dishes. I made canneloni using chicken stock and this stuff called gellan with some saffran to flavor it. That's it! Then the stacked one was a carrot biscuit with fennel gelee which is a puree of fennel and this stuff called iota. And the other one is a zuchinni biscuit with a mushroom gelee...same thing. Chef liked them. But they sure weren't fancy compared to what the other peeps did! Oh well.




At the end of class we drank champagne :) Then I had to walk home with my uniform, my bag, and my knives cause I had to use them this weekend. I went to bed shortly after...it was a LONG day!!!

No comments: