Wednesday, September 26, 2007

September 26, 2007

I woke up again at 7:30 to go to the gym and Amy was dead asleep. When I came back I work her up and she made coffee :) We sat and chatted for a good while. We ate breakfast together, drank coffee, and had girl chats! It's nice to have sleepovers once in a while!!!! She left around 11 and I got dressed. I ate some lunch and then did NOTHING. I was the laziest person around today. I can't even remember what I did except respond to two VERY long emails I recieved. So i will say this. An email I recieved from a very close friend of mine, reminded me that one year ago I was performing in Joseph and I was about to say to my parents that I wanted to go to Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. I look back on it now and it was THE BEST decision I have ever made (except for maybe taking a year off of school...because that's what got me here now). It was the first time in my life that, for once, i finally did something for myself. And i know my parents my disagree because they will say i always get what i want and do what i want...but i dont think so. I always have friend guilt, parent guilt, jewish guilt, or just something on my shoulders...but this...i got up and did. All by myself. Just took off, went to paris, not knowing what was instore for me. And i succeeded BY FAR! And i am so glad i did this. YES i am thankful for everything. But if I wouldn't have made this decision to just go with it, I would have never been able to experience this wonderful life that I am living right now :) SO thank you and thanx for listening to me ramble :) Anyway, I went to school at 3:30. Dzintra was sick and Peter still wasn't there. We were worried a lot. Well long story short, the middle of class Sylvie came updstairs to tell us that Peter flew back home to do some interviews for jobs and he won't be returning. Well it was nice that he told US any of this!!!! Anyway...in class we learned veal shank and calfs foot in a jelly cook pot au feu style with baby veggies, cod with a mozarella, black olive and tomato crust with a cod potato puree, and dessert was lavandin infused creme brulee with caramelized fennel and oven roasted beefsteak tomatoes. I liked the creme brulee :) heehee. SO class was QUICK tonite. Me, Fernando and Emi knocked that sh&* out!! We were done by 8:30. I was told my plating was nice again.


Since Dzintra wasn't there I walked home. Now I'm typing. Going to read and going to bed :) toodles!

1 comment:

Chez Asima said...

Hey Penny,

Cool site...I set up a blog too!
It was great chatting with you today. See you!

Asima ;-)
http://chezasima.blogspot.com