Thursday, September 20, 2007

September 19, 2007

Like I wrote on my away message...same shit...different day! Gym, then came home and got dressed cause I went to school early to help Alex out with some uniform stuff. Then the boring yet interesting part of my day started. From 3:30-6ish we watched Chef do a demo in molecular cooking. It was pretty cool. I learned some stuff about food I have eaten at a few restaurants, including Moto...my favorite meal of all times. It's pretty cool to see how something is made that you've actually eaten! Anyway...the demo was interesting...but the taste...eh...first off, I don't like beets so I didn't eat much of it. Second, texture...WEIRD! Third...overall the concept is just so over the top...unless you put something normal with it, it just doesn't fly. Anyway, I still had fun watching and definately said "ooh" and "aaah" a few times! But then at 6:30 there was a speaker on molecular cooking. Now as interested as I am...he spoke for almost 2 hrs and he was boring as hell. Ok...so blame it partially on me. I'm not fluent in french. I understood about 1/2 of his presentation, but the other half...LOST! and it was chemistry...what do you expect me to do...pay attention? ;) No but seriously...they said they usually have a translator for this section of class...but everyone spoke french this year so they didn't. Um did they forget about me?!?! No...they just have too much faith in me! I guess they should...i CAN comprehend more than I think! Anyway, we were all starving by the end of him showing us how to cook eggs with ethanol and telling is we can't eat it (DUH!) amongst other pretty neat tricks. SO chef took out a bottle of red wine and some bread and cheese. It was nice. But shortly after Dzintra took me home and I gorged on bread and butter...something I was craving for some reason! I went to bed pretty much after that.

No comments: