Monday, July 2, 2007

La Marche des Fiertes

Sorry for the delay! It was a LONG weekend to say the least...but an AMAZING one! Ok...a few disclaimers before you read. 1) if you don't like gays...don't read or watch the slide show...u may be grossed out 2) sorry mom and dad for some of the absurdities...i know you won't mind though 3) One of my best days in paris so far...so don't judge! Thanx!

Anyway...I woke up at 8 and went to the gym. Came home and got all rainbowed out. I WAS a walking rainbow...as usual on pride! At 11:30ish I met up with Trephene and we went shoppin for booze and snacks! At 12:30ish we met up with Ming Su and sat down by the river and started eatin and drinkin. Eventually Manuel met up with us, then Oscar and then Rodolfo...he claims he's slow because he is gay and it takes him longer to pamper ;) As we were sitting we met a cute guy from Canada named Jean Philip. We chatted for a while. We were confused because you know in Chicago, NY or elsewhere people would have been camped out for a 1:30 start of the parade. Well at 12:30/1:00 there still were no people! So we went up along the river side at 1:30 and waited and drank and ate and talked and then Jackson met up with us. EVENTAUALLY...maybe 3:30 the parade passed by our way. By this time we were all just crazy! It was a BLAST. I have to say the pictures say it all! At around 6:30ish, Ming Su took off and the rest of us went to dinner for mexican food. We were starving by then! Then after that we walked the Lesbian district and i have to say...paris lesbians are BUTCH! I found nothin that sparked my interest! After that we went to a bar and hung out there forever!!!! I just kept drinking not knowing what time it was. I met so many people and kisses so many gay boys...i couldnt even keep their names straight...but they were so hot! Anyway...eventually we left that bar and went somewhere else. This was now 1 am. Jackson and I were starving, so we got a Pizza. Then we were going to go into the next bar, but not only was there a 10 euro cover charge (fine...no biggy) but they wanted to charge us to check our bag which they told us AFTER we paid our cover. Fine for the charge...but i wanted to keep my purse and they wouldn't let me!!!! SO jackson and i left and went home. I got home at 2 am...and went to bed really shortly after that. Obviously that was the short version...I guess there is more to the story...but who needs all the details. It was AMAZING! I had a blast. However...the parade itself was LAME compared to chicago's!!!!! But Pride will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart. Love to all my gay friends back home :) Enjoy the slide show!

No comments: