Friday, July 6, 2007

July 5, 2007

Today was a GREAT day! I woke up at 8 and went to the gym. Had a great workout, came home got ready for school and met Kaili at my house at 10:45 to go to my market! I have the best market ever! We bought so much good food. Specifically Gambas that were as big as my head (almost 9 euros for one piece!) and calamari! Plus some great olives, onion, garlic, and BREAD! Just great food. Then we walked to school because at 12:30 we made LOBSTER RISOTTO! Yummy! I brought tupperware today :) There were a lot of parts to this class...but it went rather quickly. My risotto was so tasty I ate so much after the class finished! Chef did my plating for me today. So when you see the picture...it was all chef! I wasn't SUPER enthused by it...but it was ok. Chef was pleased with my dish. He said the fennel puree was supposed to be more liquidy and more like a coulis. I told him that was how the other chef made it, so he said ok. And my lobster sauce was too salty. But my lobster was cooked well. I had some ups and downs today.

After class Kaili and I went back to her place and stopped at the market to pick up a few more things. Then back at her place we watched a few episodes of Coupling and then Lauren and Dane came over. We started to cook dinner. Dinner consisted of Calamari, Gambas, Shrimp, (all on the grill with marinade) and Cous Cous with olives, garlic, onions, pinenuts, feta, and tomatoes. All of it AMAZING! Plus wine and bread. GREAT dinner. We watched two movies. Notes on a Scandal and Children of Men. OMG. Brilliant. Loved them both! Then for dessert we used this orange bread that we bought in the morning and toasted it and made a caramel sauce and sauteed cherries and nectarines in honey and added vanilla ice cream! AMAZING! Overall GREAT meal. At 12 Lauren, Dane and I took the Metro home. I went to bed at 1 am satisfied with an AMAZING DAY!!!!

No comments: