Thursday, July 5, 2007

July 4, 2007

YAH HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!!!! Well, it was a long day! Wait...aren't they all long :) Yes...but worth every minute! I had class at 8:30. I told myself if it was raining I was going to sleep in. It wasn't raining :) So I went to my CP. We made the lamb tart. It was SOOOO tasty. I wish I would have brought tupperware! Anyway, class was fine. I worked well again. However right at the end I put a little too much mustard in my sauce. But it was so tasty to me, I ate my entire plate. And as a personal goal, I finally cooked my potatoes all the way through without burning them :) They were never bad...but I actually got the hang of it now! Chef said my lamb was cooked perfectly and everything on my plate tasted good. This dish is really outstanding and I will be making it again.

After class, since we got out super early, i went and sat with my friends for coffee as usual. Then at 12:30 we had a CD. We learned guacamole and fish ceviche, lobster risotto with zucchini flowers, and for dessert a molten cake with pistachio ice cream. I was impressed by the guac and ceviche. I really thought it was going to be bad. And the molten cake...NOT COOKED. i mean I KNOW it's supposed to be runny in the inside...but COME ON. Because of this...i HAVE to show you how bad this chef is. check out this cake AND horrible plating. (keep in mind this is NOT what I witness daily....just with this chef)

After class I went to the gym. Great workout. Came home, showered and put on red tights, a blue dress with a white shirt and white belt and felt FESTIVE! then i went to wine class. We focused on the region of Burgundy. After class there was a party going on at school for Alliance Francaise and a few of us hung out to drink some more and eat horrible macaroons :) One chef called me superman, another said spiderman, and another said I looked pretty! I was the joke for the night! but i HAD to support my country! Too bad france has the same colors!!!!!!!!!!! On my walk home I saw a dog sitting at a fancy restaurant with his owner on the chair at the table eating off of a plate. At first I thought it was cute...but then I was disgusted at how they can allow that at a restaurant! atleast it was outside! I went to bed at 11 after talking to an old friend of mine.

No comments: