Tuesday, July 3, 2007

July 3, 2007

I did NOT want to go to school today. It was COMPLETE downpour this morning and i was in the middle of my REM stage when my alarm went off. If it wasn't pastry this morning...I wouldn't have been there :) AND...we were plating! So i HAD to go!!!! Anyway, I woke up at 6:45 and went to school for my 8:30 PP. It was just Katie and I. Melissa had missed demo so she couldn't go and Kaili did what I wanted to do :) So Katie and I knocked out the two dishes. One of the chefs had injured himself yesterday so he couldnt' teach today, so we had one chef between two classes. It was pretty nice actually. Never was bothered by a chef behind me! Anyway...we split everything up between us. However I made half a recipe of sorbet and then found out we were supposed to do it as a class. Oh well. Then Katie and I made half a recipe for the financiers as we were told. Well it only made 6 and we were annoyed...so we made another full recipe ;) YUMMY! Everything else of ours came out great! On my first picture of the financiers... one of the raspberries fell out of place...very annoyed! But...chef said he liked my plating...but it wasn't big enough. If you are going to charge people 12-13 euros for a dessert it needs to have more. However, I have to disagree. I see desserts all the time that are tiny that have quality not necessarily quantity and that's why they charge an arm and a leg :) So...I see what he is saying...but it's ok. I am getting better though!



During break I checked my email and went over my recipe for the next class. At 12:30 we had a CP. We made the stuffed veal with foie gras in cabbage and stuffed tomatoes with broccio cheese. Class went by pretty smoothly. Once again, we got done super early. 2:10. We had the master chef who is good at everything. I did my own plating and he commended me on how good it looked. He also said everything on my plate tasted great and was cooked perfectly. Overall I was pleased with myself. I think I forgot to peel my celery though. Oh well!

After class I sat in the winter garden and drank a diet coke which did absolutely nothing for me. I was too dead to talk, think, or even put my head on the table! I had 3:30 class which was a CD. We learned a red mullet dish with julienne veggies and a fennel sauce, a lamb tart with yummy stuff, and for dessert was tapioca with an orange caramel sauce and whipped cream. I wasn't a fan of the mullet. Never have been! hahah. After class I went to the gym and i realized that "you can't stop the beat" from Hairspray is a GREAT song to run to! But when you get a bad song...you don't wanna run anymore! I'm getting better though. I came home to find a note on my door saying we had hot water! It has been since May 31st that we haven't had hot water! That was 1 month and a few days....CRAZY!!!!!!!! But finally, I can shower peacefully, BY MYSELF, at my own home after the gym! It's now approaching 10 pm and I am EXHAUSTED! so i am going to hit the sack. Another long day tomorrow :) Ciao

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Penny!!! jen from Morris here... your food is making me want to lick my computer screen!!! Looks fabulous. You sound like you are doing so well. i know it doesn't matter, but i'm so proud of you! You are doing a great job...