Saturday, July 7, 2007

July 6, 2007

Since I went to bed a little late last nite I slept in a little bit. I woke up at 9:45 and went to the gym shortly after. I came home and made the BEST breakfast! It was cereal bread (it must be a french thing...but it's really good) toasted, with a over easy egg, and petit billy goat cheese that was slightly toasted! AMAZING! it was like my version of an egg mcmuffin! Then I got dressed and ready to go and made a few phone calls. Found out I can't find my camera that I sent in to be fixed. it's MIA. I have to make another phone call and hopefully they will be able to find it. Then I left to go to school with a stop at the post office. I have a 3:30 demo which was hot plated restaurant desserts. We learned french toast with carmelized apples and cinnamon ice cream, and carmelized apricots with vanilla ice cream and crispy praline and carmelized pistachios. Both simple and pretty tasty. The french toast in france is AMAZING! Anyway...the demo was QUICK...and we were done early. But we had practical at 6:30. None of my friends wanted to go...but i did. We all went. When we got there we each took a component and did it. We got done within the hour. They all left and plated their plates quickly. I wanted to add a sugar component so I stayed an extra half an hour to make my plate look spectacular. I also did a different mounting of my phyllo dough because I knew what we learned wouldnt look good on how I wanted to plate my dessert. So I worked really hard. At the end of demo chef said to me, you did a great job today and I am giving you the maximum amount of points you can get in a day. So that last 30 minutes was well worth my time. You can decide for yourself. We were only supposed to do one dish, but I was waiting for my sugar to be ready so I did two :)


After class I walked over to Sarah's and we met up. We went to some place called Banyane for dinner. It was pretty good except for the LONG wait to get a table and the even longer wait for our food. It was pretty absurb. We finished dinner at 11 pm and was seated at 8:45! I mean it took a good 45 min for our main course to come! I was pissed. Lucky for them I can't speak french that well otherwise i would have complained! Anyway, I walked home and went to bed around 1 am. Good day!

No comments: