Sunday, May 6, 2007

Versaille

Today will be the BEST and LONGEST slide show up to date! partially because Trephene took the camera a lot and took pictures. AND i didn't even post all of the pictures because there were so many! BUT enjoy! We met near school at 8:45. I got there early because I left my house at 8 to pick up the bread products. So I got there around 8:30 and had a cup of coffee. Anyway, we were supposed to leave at 9...but did we...no! Ofcourse not...people are never ontime. Anyway, we left and they said it was going to take an hr but it took about 30 min (with pain aux chocolate for my friends provided by me on the bus and OJ from the school). After we arrived we walked around for a few minutes and eventually decided on coffee/tea til the 11 am fountain/classical music show. We gulped our coffee down to see this amazing show and we come to find out all it was, was classical music playing and the fountains were on. Boring! I forgot to mention...it was cloudy and rather cold out. Luckily I brought my hoodie. And other people brought other clothes because the girls, Katie's girls, were cold also! We didn't expect it to be that cold. Anyway, eventually we found a nice spot on the grass to plop ourselves down on to picnic in. We layed everything out and stayed there the ENTIRE day. i mean DID NOT leave. Well the girls went on a boat ride and then Katie, Melissa, Pam, and Lauren took the girls on a Golf Cart ride for a little...but other than that...we ate and drank our way from about 11:30 to 4 pm! and it was a BLAST! I had so much fun I can't even explain it. You will see in the pictures. We ate i think 7 of the 10 baguettes, drank 8 bottles of wine plus tequila, plus so much cheese and fruit and pastries and Trephene's Petits Fours she made at school the night before! haha. We departed from the park at 4:30. I can't believe i didn't go to in the chataeu or Marie Antoinette's house or walk the garden's more, but it must have been a day where the company of my friend's was more important. I can always go back! When we got home we made a pit stop at the bar by school. Then we parted on our seperate ways. I went to see the movie Love and Other Disasters with Brittany Murphy. It came out in 2006 in the states. It was made in London so it was exciting when I recognized the buildings. I loved it. It was just the perfect amount of alone time that i needed. But after that i met up with my friends again. I met them at Trephene's. Oscar was in the other room, so it was a girls thing. We just chatted and it was a chill night. Eventually we all went home. Then I went to bed at 12:30. Long but fun day! Enjoy the slide show. I know i did ;)

No comments: