Friday, May 11, 2007

May 11, 2007

And yet another long day! at 8:30 this morning I made white bean stew. This is what the "cassoule" consisted of...white beans, lamb, duck confit, garlic sausage, toulouse sausage, tomate concasse, and bacon. Sounds appetizing for a jew like me. This one did NOT come home with me. Although the beans were tasty :) Anyway...it was an annoying practical for a few reasons. 1) we did a lot of waiting around and 2) it was "bon travail" chef...so even though I didn't feel like my dish was very good...he thought it all was good. Blah.

Then we went for coffee..and i had a coffee today! Boy did i need it! Then at 12:30 we had PD. We learned a chestnut barquette and a chestnut mousse cake. Fun looking cake and tons o rum, so not bad tasting either :) I make that tomorrow. Yes you heard me correctly...i have class on saturday! yuck! Then we had CD. We learned a langoustine with seaweed and veggies, monkfish wrapped in bacon with artichokes, cauliflower gratin and a plum flan. All very tasty. I love monkfish. One of my favorite fishes. Then after class I came home and fought online with an ex boyfriend. Not my choice of an evening...but amusing nonetheless :) About to go study then go to bed so I'm ready for school tomorrow...ew.

No comments: