Friday, May 4, 2007

May 4, 2007

Today I woke up too early for not having to start school until 3:30. I was out of the house by 9:15 but it turned out well because I got all of my errands done. With a little too much money spent! BUT i got my new gym shoes and they have orthopedic soles, but they are still cool! They are adidas...so i'm happy with them. I ran some other tedious errands that needed to be done and then I went to school at 2:30ish. ALL day I was reading that book by Ruth Reichl that I told you about a few blogs ago. I haven't been able to put it down! I finished it today. It was so uplifiting and made me want to become a food critic! Anyway, I had a 3:30 PD but it was savory petits fours. Too many to explain but we made about 7 diffrent kinds. All with different kinds of meats and fillings. I mean...boring class and I could learn how to wrap prunes with bacon in cuisine. Teach me pastry! so after that was done at 6:30 we had the first ever CP that I was EXCITED about going to! It was the tuna marinated on a puff pastry with tomatoes, onions, garlic, olives, and green pepper. Most amazing dish! The 4 of us worked together a lot today because we wanted to get out of class early. We succeeded at that :) But it made the class go smooth and a lot of fun! Chef commended me on my plating. But he said the balsamic was a bit too much because it's so strong. I like that he tells me what not to do because I want to get better at plating. Anyway...here is my masterpiece :)

I walked home in the rain, but when I arrived I dug into my favorite meal! So excited. Enjoyed everyminute of it, but saved some for tomorrows dinner. I did some laundry and got ready for my fun day tomorrow and am about to head to bed! niters.

No comments: