Tuesday, May 8, 2007

May 7, 2007

Happy Birthday Sara Fox(my best friend)!

Today I once again had school from 8:30 to 6:30. It's a pretty bad week only because I have class on Saturday. So at 8:30 we had a CD. We learned a smoked perch warm salad, stuffed rabbit with prunes, and nuns farts (ok choux paste) with orange cream filling. Everything was ok. Nothing to die for. Then during break I went to a meeting. I'll fill you in about it later! Then at 12:30 we had a PP. Well this practical was the one with the petits fours. We started off with the inverted puff pastry so that the butter was on the outside of the puff. Then we made, devils on horseback (prunes wrapped in bacon), chorizo in puff, pigs in a (puff) blanket, puff filled pate and then we begged for chocolate so we could put it in our puff. We opted out of the cheese straws. They are so bland. Plus most of us wanted to take home our extra puff! i took home the extra puff, but that was it. I don't eat any of that stuff. So i shared it with my friends. But here are the pictures. The only problem was that my pate filled ones were too small. Oh well! There are also other pictures from class. Some with Asaan our dishwasher who is so funny! He likes when we dance! Others are Melissa and Kaili eating the puff! A fun time to be had by all!





Then I had a PD at 3:30. We learned a Wild strawberry and vanilla treasure cake and a pistachio cake. Both very tasty. However I wish we were making the pistachio one in class. It had a bit more flavor. After school I went to the grocery store to pick up some food for dinner. As I was walking home I realized i must have been having a bad day. I saw a blind man walk into a pole and i immediately burst into tears. It was so sad to me. I'm not sure why, but I think it played into the long day I had. I came home, relaxed, did a TON of homework and then putzed around for a long time! It's nice knowing you don't have school the next day! Eventually I did some laundry, then finished another book (i had started it pre france but put it down for a long time) and then went to bed at 11.

No comments: