Saturday, May 19, 2007

May 18, 2007

today i started school at 12:30 but i went to the gym at 8 like a good kid ;) I left my house earlier than school time and i ran a bunch of errands as well. Then I ran into Katie so i sat with her for a while and chatted. At 12:30 we had a PD in which we learned a walnut/caramel mousse cake, caramels and chocolate caramels. All very tasty. However not tasty enough to convince me to go to class. More on that later. So then at 3:30 we had a CD. We learned the region Lyonnais so the three dishes came from that region. It started with sausage and potatoes, then pike perch dumplings in nantua sauce and last beignets. The fake beignets sucked though. Actually the dumplings weren't great either. Anyway, after class I decided not to go to pastry practical because i hadn't missed one yet and i wasn't too interested in making this cake. Well Sarah, Melissa, Kaili, and Katie didn't go either. Oops :) Oh well. I ran some more errands and then came home to some great news! My door was fixed by Madame's husband AND she informed me we are getting a new fridge/freezer!!!!! i didn't mean to complain THAT much. heehee!! But YAH! So that comes tues. Anyway, i made myself dinner and then made a birthday gift and then putzed around then went to bed at 11ish. not a bad day!

No comments: