Wednesday, May 16, 2007

May 15, 2007

Long day. Do i always say that? does anyone care? Does anyone read this except for my mother? doesn't matter...she needs to know what i'm doing :) love you mom! Anyway...8:30 am I had a CP. We made rumpsteak with celery root flan. The key to this class was to make one of the steaks medium and one medium well. Not as easy as it sounds. This has to be done first by searing it and then putting in the oven. WE were not allowed to cut into it. The chef had to do it. Once he cut into it, we had to tell him...in french...which cook it was. I succeeded. However...my jus was too thick, but he said it had good flavor and once I added water to it, it was better. My potatoes were also cooked well. Easy class. We were done at 10:30.

Then we went for coffee. At 12:30 we had the coolest cuisine demo. We had a butcher come in.

As you can see in the picture, he brought in an entire lamb. He deboned and cut it into different parts and used the ENTIRE lamb. He showed us every way you can use a lamb. It was really neat to see it done live! We also learned lamb stew, with the shoulder of the lamb and then "french cheese cake". Well...that's how chef calls it! But it was so weird because they BURN the top...but it was actually good! After class I went to the gym! Not my usual one though. But i did hear my gym is getting air conditioning! how exciting. I won't die this summer ;) After that I came home, showered and went to the post office to mail a package to my mom and dad. Then I went to my first wine class in two weeks! felt like forever. But it was good. We learned the boredeaux region. Then i came home and did some cramming for my pastry exam! Finally went to bed at 11. I actually felt ready :)

1 comment:

khainajr said...

I read and care!!!