Tuesday, May 15, 2007

May 14, 2007

And a new week begins. 3 more left :) Anyway...LONG day today...i guess they all feel long to me! at 8:30 I had a CP where i made the Monkfish wrapped in bacon with artichokes and cauliflower gratin. I don't know why but it was the longest class EVER. We got done at like 11:15! Towards the end of the class I was so frustrated I didn't even care how my plating was! So we had a visitng chef today. He was good. He gave us some new tips and stuff. He told me my fish wasn't salted enough and that my jus was more of a sauce consitency but it had good flavor. On friday when we learned this, the chef that taught it said he would give 10 points to anyone who made as good of a jus as he did because technically all he was doing was flavoring colored chicken bones with water. So after class I walked around for a bit with my jus to find him. I asked and he wasn't at school yet! Bummer. I didn't really think mine was that good...but if he was that picky about the jus, I would have like his critique on something so important since he didn't teach our class. I feel a little cheated actually. Anyway...that was all the comments chef gave me.


By the time we got out we had like 20 min for coffee/talk time...but we went anyway. Then at 12:30 we had PD. We learned a YUMMY cake. A whiles back we learned the raspberry and passion fruit tart (which was outstanding!) and today we learned raspberry and passion fruit cake...which was ten times better! We also learned pear gummies. It was a good demo! This cake will be taken home :) Then we had a CD. It was probably one of the most boring ones to date. I was texting people becuase I was so bored! we learned seared foie gras with apples, rumpsteak with celery root flan and potatoes in goose fat, and a pine nut and walnut tart which was definately a cake! Then after class I was going to go to the gym...BUT lazy me didn't because it was raining out. So i came home, showered, and studied my butt off. But atleast I did that :) I actually fell asleep at 9 because I was so tired. This medicine I am taking for my foot makes me so drowsy and it lasts all day...even if i take it at nite time. I have 3 more pills left...so I'm looking forward to that being done! And my foot healing! ARGH! Ok toodles

No comments: