Wednesday, May 16, 2007

May 16, 2007

So...I woke up at 8 am and got dressed, went to the coffee shop and you guessed it...did some more studying! However...i truely felt prepapred. And at 10 am I took my exam. And I was right...I was pretty prepared. For the Bon Economat part (where they remove 10 parts of the recipe and I have to fill them in...even though they removed 15 parts) I got the frasier and I knew that one really well! I only missed one...which was a STUPID one! Oh well. But otherwise i was pleased. I always freak out for no reason. It wouldn't be me if I didn't :) After we finished...which was REALLY quick...we went for breakfast. However I was still full and on my high from finishing that exam that I just sat and kept everyone company (if you can call me that!) Then eventually we had to walk back to school. At 12:30 we had CP. We made the lamb stew with potatoes and onions. It was smooth rolling. Chef said my sauce wasn't thick enough because I didn't press it enough through the strainer. My potatoes were cooked well and so was my meat. Once again...a little more salt :) We also had to make bernaise sauce. They used to use that as part of the exam but they changed it recently. However chef said my was very good and I did a great job on it. I liked it too. However it's a pain in the butt to make by hand! I will only do that if I have a special occasion. I was sweating so badly in class today, some of my hair die got onto my whites! pretty funny! OH and kaili dropped a strainer in my red sauce and it splashed onto me...so the sauce got ALL over me. But it was ok. I laughed. She offered to take my uniform home for me. But it was really ok.


Then at 3:30 we had PP and I was assistant. We made the WONDERFUL raspberry and passion fruit cake! So delicious. Class was fine. Nothing to report on this. It took a little longer than we thought....but it was ok because I came out with a great cake. Oh and take a look at the side...it's supposed to look tiedyed! So cool! The only thing chef said was that part could have used more color...but we did it in a group of 5...and i wasn't incharge of that part...so can't blame me! But i guess I could have looked at it. oh well. This cake definately came home with me :)



Then I went to the gym. Then came home and madame was here. We chatted for a while. She's so nice. I'm so lucky. I got my package from my mom so I went through that. And now I don't know what i'm doing. But i have no school tomorrow. I have another test a week from tomorrow and I'd like to be as prepared as I was for this one if not more. Cuisine is harder for me anyway. PLUS i HAVE to book the rest of my italy trip tomorrow/tonite if it kills me. Maybe I'll watch a movie. Whatever the case...you'll hear about it tomorrow :) Have a great nite.

No comments: